Friday 21 September 2012

Friday Finds: Autumn Leaves

I love Autumn, it's my favourite season. The days are light and reasonably long, warm but not too hot or cold. The trees look fabulous in their autumn clothes, and fruits and vegetables are fresh and plentiful.

Not so far this year though. Today in Sheffield it's grey and rainy, and I fear that the rainy summer which lead me to hope for a good Autumn, will just merge into a cold and bitter Winter, with barely a hint of lovely autumn days. So, to cheer me up, and remind myself that Autumn colours the beautiful leaves that symbolise the season can still be found, I have chosen it as the theme for this weeks Friday Find blog.

First up is this beautifully bright and seductively simple red maple leaf brooch. The vintage brooch from hurdyburdy contains a real leaf, and is a perfect accessories to brighten up any Autumn Outfit.

As the nights draw in we all think about hibernating, after all, what is more cosy and inviting that a nice warm bed as the nights draw in? This hand painted bedding set by Urban Accent Home is perfect for snuggling up under.


For additional cosiness, add some soft lighting. When I was a child I remember fighting for space in front of our wood burning stove for warmth, and to get lost in the fascinating flames (I still do when I visit). Not all of us can have a fire, but Hannah Nunn's personalised tree of life lamps will add a warming glow to any room.


The colours used in this cross stitch chart by Purple Stitching are so vibrant that I could almost be there, walking along the meandering river under the shade of the brightly leaved trees.


For a wedding/ engagement ring that's a little bit more leafy, look no further than the beautiful collection by Bandscapes. The rings are very intricate, and are obviously made with plenty of skill.


Cat and Wolf Designs have coupled sewing skills with bold bright, leaf patterned fabric to create this handy little bag, perfect for the few essentials needed when out and about.

Happy browsing!

You might also like
Stackable Flower Beads
Friday Finds: Clouds
Peak District and New Stitches
Friday Finds: Christmas Ice
Treasury Tastic: Mothers Day




2 comments:

  1. I love Winter too, and I'll be celebrating it with my Birthday next week camping at the Isle of Wight :)

    Your Autumn pieces are delightful and it is always lovely to see new creations in store.


    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna,

    I'm glad you like the post and the pieces featured! Have a lovely birthday and camping trip, I hope the weather is nice for you, camping in the rain isn't much fun!

    Best Wishes,

    Gemma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog and for leaving a comment. I moderate all comments to avoid spam, so your comment won't appear until I've published it.

Thanks for visiting, hope to see you again soon

Gemma