Friday 16 November 2012

Friday Finds: Vintage Pin up

Those of you who follow me on facebook will probably already know that I went to a vintage make up class on Tuesday evening. I was going for the vintage look at the weekend too, although this time it was cupcake decorating! I'm not normally very vintage, but there are quite a few things that I really love about Vintage fashion, such as the 1940's and 50's dresses (I love the cut of them and wish I had more in my wardrobe). Lots of the retro home décor and accessories are really cute, and of course, there's the Vintage Pin=Up girl! I love the sassy sexiness and fun loving energy that they exude, so it's no surprise that Vintage Pin ups are this weeks Friday Finds theme!


I love the cute sauciness of the vintage pin up girl on these cute plug earrings by Plug Club. The subtle teasing and sense of style means they will work with any rockabilly outfit.


I have a bit of a cheeky personality, (we all do really) which is why I think these retro ceramic coasters are fabulous! Its hard to pick a favourite from Baubles and Kitsch's designs, but I think mines the top one, what's yours?


If its a statement piece you want, then look no further than this striking limited edition artwork print from Emma Young Art. It's perfect for adding a touch of glamour to a luxurious boudoir!


 Cheeky Rosie has hand painted this alluring vintage burlesque girl onto an everyday tote bag. With this in your hand, even boring every jobs can be glamorous!

 
 
If you like making your own wall art, or just enjoy cross stitching like me then head over to Wicked Lady for this fabulous chart. With a pattern as seductive as this, you'll be finished in no time!
 
 


A more subtle homage to the vintage era is this beautiful necklace by che655. I'm intrigued to know who this lovely lady is blowing her kiss to...

Thanks for reading, and if there is a theme you would like to see, or if you have a product you'd like me to feature next week, please leave a comment below!

Happy Shopping


You might also like
Moulin Rouge on Etsy
Craft Fair Preview
Vintage Cupcake Decorating
Friday Finds: Oriental
Apologies and Monochrome Cross Stitch Projects



2 comments:

  1. Hi Gemma, your blog is fantastic. Thank you very much for including our bag. Fiona and Jo (Cheeky Rosie).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it, and thank you very much for letting me feature your bag!

      Gemma

      Delete

Thanks for reading my blog and for leaving a comment. I moderate all comments to avoid spam, so your comment won't appear until I've published it.

Thanks for visiting, hope to see you again soon

Gemma