Friday 15 March 2013

Friday Finds: Rugby

For those of you who don't know it's a BIG game in the Rugby world tomorrow. Well 3 to be precise in the 6 Nations. They are Italy v Ireland, France v Scotland, and England v Wales. Now, I must admit that I am not a huge Rugby fan, however my best friend Rhian is. being half English and half Welsh she can't really lose out whichever way the England v Wales game goes, however she has been brought up supporting Wales, (owing to her Rugby fan dad being the Welsh parent) despite growing up in the Midlands. Another good reason to promote Rugby as my Friday Finds theme for this week, is the little town of Rugby (Where William Webb Ellis ran with a ball during a game of football at Rugby School) in Warwickshire is my birth city. I lived in a village about 6 miles away until i left to go to University at 18. I regularly go back though, as my parents are in the same house and my sister has recently bought one in Rugby, so I have a homely fondness for the little market town. So, without further ado, here are some fantastic Rugby paraphernalia. (The game, not the town, that wouldn't be quite as exciting.)


Le Pulcioserie's vintage Rugby ball phone is without a doubt the most unusual Rugby paraphernalia I found in my Etsy search. It a fantastic unique item that is perfect for the quirky Rugby fan.


To encourage your children while they're young head over to Love Felt XOXO for this cute Rugby baby mobile. It's one all the babies, (and their Rugby fan dad) will love.


If you prefer to show your sportiness by wearing Rugby clothes, then step away from the Rugby shirt for a moment and try out this vintage Rugby game belt buckle by Bear Wear Designs. The colours and design remind me of comic books.




Back to a nice pair of balls now, (Rugby balls, what are you thinking!) that are perfect for the smartly dressed man. Daves Disco is responsible for these fun cuff links, and many other sports are also available.


 Kerry Kards made this awesome Rugby birthday card,  which you can personalise for free! What a great way to say happy birthday to you're favourite Rugby fan!

Happy Shopping


You might also like
Friday Finds: Cars
Craft Fairs and Berlin
St Paddy's Day
Friday Finds: Wales
Fathers Day Card

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Gem, this is awesome! :-)

    I love the phone and the mobile is so cute. Maybe I'll get Julian the cufflinks ;-) I am in a double win-win situation tomorrow as I got England in the work sweepstakes but I still want Wales to steal it (of course!) It's going to make up for a rubbish week in the lab!

    Cymru am byth!

    Rhian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Dilemas! At leat you will get something out of the game either way! maybe it will be a draw...? Glad you like the post! Think I'll de Easter next week, but Wales will come after that...

      Gemma

      Delete

Thanks for reading my blog and for leaving a comment. I moderate all comments to avoid spam, so your comment won't appear until I've published it.

Thanks for visiting, hope to see you again soon

Gemma