Wednesday 13 March 2013

Stumpwork Fancies

Stumpwork is a type of embroidery that incorporates 3D structures to create beautiful pieces. It is often used on leaves and flowers, but can be used in a variety of ways. After some lunch time stumpwork browsing, I discovered these beautiful pieces.

This beautiful Lilly Stumpwork is so good it looks real! Head over to Loretta's Custom Stitchery for more details and Stumpwork Instructions.


I love the boldness and brightness of this stylish purple stumpwork bird by Maison Bee on Deviant Art.


This cute deer stumpwork kit by Jane Nicholas Embroidery Kits  is one you could try for yourself.

All of these beautiful pieces of embroidery have reminded me of the Stumpwork kit I got ages ago, which I started but have done nothing on for months (if not longer) When it's finished it should look something like this

So far all I've done is the background leaf stitching and flower centre, and 1 1/2 petals, so it's probably time to free it from it's hiding and get stitching again.

Have you done any stumpwork? how was it?

You might also like
3D Cross stitch
All a Flutter Butterfly Treasury
Friday Finds: Sunflowers
Hardanger Finish: Purple Delight







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and for leaving a comment. I moderate all comments to avoid spam, so your comment won't appear until I've published it.

Thanks for visiting, hope to see you again soon

Gemma