Sunday 23 June 2013

WIP: Shh Now

Recently I have been stitching away on my first ever monochrome and portrait cross stitch. You may remember that I began stitching the cross stitch pattern for Shh now from Heaven and Earth Designs back in March. I'm really enjoying stitching it, there are areas of block colour which are pretty quick to complete, interspersed with more patchy areas, to keep it interesting.


Here is where I'd got to in my update from March.


As you can see most of what I had done was white block, which was fairly boring, so I was pleased to reach her hair. I can proudly say that I finished Page 1 on Friday, and here's the picture to prove it!


As you can see her face is taking shape nicely. I can't wait to finish her eye, as it was one of the features of this cross stitch chart that drew me to embroider it. I have spent the last couple of evenings stitching away, so it shouldn't be too long before her eye is completed! Anyway, enough nattering, bring on the needle and threads!

Happy stitching!

You might also like
WIP: Peak District Photo Conversion
Wedding Cross Stitch Kits
Friday Finds: Summer Sun
Project Tutorial: Embroidered Flower Birthday Card
You Shall go to the Ball: Charity Ball and Cinderella Cross Stitch

1 comment:

  1. wow, you're making excellent progress, that will look amazing when it's finished

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog and for leaving a comment. I moderate all comments to avoid spam, so your comment won't appear until I've published it.

Thanks for visiting, hope to see you again soon

Gemma