Tuesday 16 July 2013

Cross Stitch Birth Samplers

My friend will soon be celebrating the 1st birthday of her cheeky little girl. She's the first of my close friends to have a baby, but I'm starting to know more and more people with a bun in the oven or a little sprog.

Having a baby is probably about the most life changing thing any one can do. Not having one myself I can't understand what it would be like to have one. My friend says she couldn't imagine life without her daughter, suddenly everything you do revolves around this tiny, delicate person that is a part of you. It is probably one of the most amazing things you could do, yet also one of the most everyday, after all, the majority of the population will have a child in their life time. That doesn't make it any less special, because someone else's child is not your little one, the child or children that you will bring up and cherish for the rest of your lives.

One thing I have learned since my friend gave birth is how quickly they grow up. When I was a child I remember waiting for ages and ages for Christmas and birthdays to come round (it probably didn't help that I'm a January baby). But now I'm older, the years seem to pass much quicker, and they're only speeding up as time goes by. It makes sense, as 1 year now is 1/26th of my life, but when I was only 6 one year was 1/6th of my life, a far greater proportion.

So to celebrate childhood and birth, don't miss out on the moment and celebrate the occasion by stitching an heirloom cross stitch bath sampler. Here are some of my favourite ones.

Felicity Hall Contemporary Needlepoint
Tiny Feet by Past Impressions
Bath Time by Atlas Crafts

Just for a Girl by Wye Needlecraft
Children of Bygone Times by Cottage Needlecrafts

 Happy Stitching!


You might also like
Hardanger Wish List
Friday Finds: Bunny Rabbits
Project Tutorial: Embroidered Mothers Day Card
Jewellery Sale: Cross Stitch Rings
Friday Finds: Hobbits





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and for leaving a comment. I moderate all comments to avoid spam, so your comment won't appear until I've published it.

Thanks for visiting, hope to see you again soon

Gemma