Friday 28 September 2012

Friday Finds : Knitwear

There are 2 reasons why I've chosen knitting/ Knitwear for this weeks Friday Finds.

1) I have started to knit. Well, actually I started about a month ago, and finished my first scarf about a week ago. I've started another ruffle scarf, although it's been a few days since I've picked it up having been busy with work, a craft Fair next Thursday (at Bungalows and Bears on Division Street, Sheffield from 3-9pm). I would love to knit something bigger next, like a jumper or a cardigan...

2) It's cold. The weather has definitely turned for winter, so it's time to start retrieving hats scarfs and thick woolly jumpers to snuggle down in, and peruse shops for new warmth giving additions to our winter wardrobes. So without further ado, here are a few fabulous knitted items!


Wrap up warm with this subtle geometric lacey over sized shawl by  The Feminine Touch. I can just imagine snuggling up with it in front of the TV, or wrapping it tighter against the cold on winter strolls.


I love these frilly fingerless gloves by jarg0n. They are sassy and eye catching, and available in a range of colours! While you're visiting  her online Etsy shop, take time to check out all of the other fabulous items available, such as her animal hats, headbands, and cute and cuddly knitted toys.

 

 The Sequinned Sheep keep the frill theme going with this beautiful hand knitted Ruffle Scarf. I love the mauve and purple colours, making it a perfect accessory for any cold day.


 Knitwear is not all for women however, as this chunky masculine cowl by madmum knits goes to show, so you can keep him warm and cosy when you venture outside too.


There's something for babies too thanks to Sixit who has knitted these cute stripey socks. Your little one won't get nippy toes with these gorgeous woollen socks. If only they were in adult sizes too...

Anyway, with that I think I'd best get knitting!


You might also like
3D Cross Stitch
WIP: Shh Now
Friday Finds: Oriental
Free Cross Stitch Chart: Mum Roses Bookmark
Friday Finds: Clouds



2 comments:

Thanks for reading my blog and for leaving a comment. I moderate all comments to avoid spam, so your comment won't appear until I've published it.

Thanks for visiting, hope to see you again soon

Gemma